Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break

It is Spring Break!!! Though I do not like Brycen being out of school for his benefit, for me it is GREAT!! Though our routine time is a little off, it is SO nice to not have to rush around in the morning to get him to school. The kids are enjoying it too!!! They like not having to rush around first thing in the morning.

Brycen is doing SO WELL!!! He is starting to count, say letters, and try sounds!!! He can even identify certain letters ("C", "K", "O", "S", "T", "W") and a number ("2"). He REALLY likes the number 2 for some reason and can actually say it!!! : ) Last night, he tried to say Ainsleigh's name!!!!!! We couldn't believe it!! Brent and I both were in such shock we didn't think to grab the camera (probably wouldn't have made it anyway), but we were SO VERY EXCITED!!! I did get video of Brycen doing letters that I will try to post (I have NO idea how to do that, but I am determined for y'all to see how GREAT he is doing!!!), and I think I got video of him counting so if I did I will try to post that too!!! He really is progressing so much in such a short amount of time. He actually will turn at the sound of his name (not always, but more than before), he will sometimes make better eye contact, and he initiates interaction now (not all the time, but more than before)!! We got him a weighted vest for home through an awesome organization, Stitches4Autism, and we are working on getting him Baby BumbleBee videos (they REALLY do work for him!!!!!). His teacher let us borrow the letters video, which of course is why he is doing SO well at letters now (Ainsleigh and I also work with him using flashcards and foam bath letters/numbers). We are SO thrilled at how everything is going for Brycen and feel completely blessed that he got the teacher and aides that he did!!!! Ms. Mashelle (his teacher) and Ms. Tammie (one of his aides) are SO wonderful!!! The love they have for our special children is humbling!! We need more people like them in the world!! : )

Ainsleigh is doing much better now that she is not in school. We are still working on trying to get her into therapy; I have a few places that I am talking with and trying to work out the insurance/financing details with (therapy is NOT cheap and our insurance is HORRIBLE), so hopefully it will work out soon!! I need to set it up for Brycen, as well, for summer time when he will be out of school (fingers crossed for ESY). We are contemplating putting her in a private christian school in our neighborhood, but we feel unsure about that decision. I am still battling with the ISD to get her services so when she enters Kindergarden next year, trying to set her up to succeed not fail. She struggles so much within a classroom, but hopefully therapy will help us with that!! : ) I'll work on those videos, haha!!! Hope everyone is having a great Spring Break and doing well!!! We love you all!! : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear how well Brycen is doing! God really does answer prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete