Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brycen has started school!!

Brycen started school last Friday!!! I am still in shock that this time has already arrived!! We had his ARD meeting with the ISD last Tuesday, and it went very well! I did not have to fight for services for him, and his teacher is really wonderful!! They wanted him to start on Wednesday of last week, but I said no. We had multiple therapy appointments already scheduled and honestly, I wasn't ready! : } He did start on Friday and he did GREAT!!! It was picture day (can't wait to get those and share them!), and they had a little Valentine's Party too!! This week he has gone everyday and he is transitioning VERY well!!! Much, much better than I expected him to! We are having a little issue with our good bye in the morning so the teacher and I are creating a plan on how to best transition him into school without lots of crying (and without riding the bus). Hopefully it works, I'll keep you posted!! I really do not want him riding the bus! Anyway, they have been using a weighted vest to help him regulate himself and calm down, and it is working GREAT!!! We are looking into getting one for him at home! He tantrums a little when he gets home (really bad yesterday but I think it was because he was REALLY tired), but after some brushing and deep pressure he seems to relax and calm down. The teacher and I communicate through a daily log so she can let me know how he is doing, what they are trying with him, and I can incorporate those things at home as well. They are using pull ups with him, and he is getting more used to them each day. He is verbalizing and really enjoys the Baby Bumble Bee DVD's the teacher has (we are looking into getting him some of these, but they are expensive). Anyway, I will post a picture later of him and his first day of school!!! I am very excited about how this is going and will keep you all posted on how he is doing!!! Love you all! : )

3 comments:

  1. Wendi, that is AWESOME!!! His school sounds wonderful. You guys are on my prayer list, and I think about you often. I'm so glad you started this blog so we can keep up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad school is working out well! Send me an e-mail if you ever get a chance! Oh yeah who is Calli?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kippa & Katy!! We are SO thrilled that he is doing SO WELL!!! Love you guys and y'all are always in our prayers!! Oh.. haha, Calli is our dog, posting pics soon!! : )

    ReplyDelete