Thursday, April 16, 2009

6 Words... Amazing!!!

Ainsleigh and I visited Brycen's class today (I had to drop off some soy milk for Brycen), and we found out that Brycen said 5 words today in class!!!!! He said: fish, car, boat, hat, and bed!!! Then while I was there, he said "apple"!!!! He is SO AMAZING!!!! This weekend he said "mama" for the first time!!! He is doing SO WELL!!! He knows his alphabet, uppercase and lowercase, and he is even getting better with his letter sounds!! I am going to try to get video of him singing with his videos (Yo Gabba Gabba), it is SO CUTE!! We have been working on colors and animals, but all in due time. Also, his teacher told me that Brycen is actually taking their breakfast wagon to the cafeteria by himself, and coming back to the classroom and opening the door by himself!!! I think I almost fell over when she told me that, I know my mouth was wide open (hahaha)!!! : ) I will share a moment with y'all that was very heartwarming and tearful for me. Yesterday, the kids and I were playing in the living room after Brycen got home from school. We were standing in the middle of the livingroom and Brycen just reached up and grabbed my hand. I was a little dumbstruck at first then I started looking around to see if there was something that he was wanting (usually he only touches my hand to indicate he wants something out of reach), and I couldn't see anything that he would want. Then the realization hit me...... he was HOLDING my hand!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! He just wanted to hold my hand, and that was it - not requesting, no demands... just simply wanted to hold my hand!!!! The tears started flowing and I cannot express to you the emotions pouring through me!!! So many people take the little things for granted but I don't... to have my little boy actually *want* to hold my hand then actually *hold* it was so precious and awesome!!!! For those of you who do not understand, Brycen does NOT like to have his hands touched and he has NEVER held another person's hand without being forced or prompted, even then he lets go as soon as he physically can! Anyway, I just wanted to share that moment, it was so beautiful to me!! Wish I could have gotten it on video, haha!!! : ) Priceless!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment